NO CHURN OLIVE OIL ICE CREAM,
RASPBERRY, HALVA & HONEYCOMB
Author: Jacqui Challinor
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Freezing time: 12 hours
Level of difficulty: Easy
1 whole egg
5 egg yolks
75g caster sugar
200ml ALTO Robust extra virgin olive oil
300ml pouring cream
2 ripe figs
- Preheat oven to 180c and toast macadamias until golden.
- Combine eggs and sugar into a bowl and heat over a pot of simmering water, whisking continuously until it begins to warm slightly.
- Transfer egg mix to the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk on high speed until light and fluffy.
Once at this stage, slowly add the olive oil to emulsify. Reduce speed to low and continue until mix reaches room temperature.
- While this is happening, whisk cream to soft peaks and refrigerate until required.
- Once the egg mix has cooled, gently fold the cream in 2 batches, being careful not to mix too hard and knock the air out of it.
- Line a 20cm springform cake tin with greaseproof paper and pour the mix in and freeze overnight.
- To serve, place the ice cream, greaseproof paper and all on a plate and top with the raspberries, halva, macadamias and spoonfuls of the honeycomb.
- I like to share food and have it be a centrepiece of the table but if you prefer, you could freeze the ice cream in individual bowls.
Stainless steel bowl x 2
Saucepan to fit bowl
20cm springform cake tin