NOMAD’s spiced cauliflower
Author: Jacqui Challinor
Serves: 4 as a shared dish or 2 as a main
Level of difficulty: Easy
1 head cauliflower
1 bunch wild rocket, trimmed & washed
1 bunch parsley, leaves picked & washed
1 bunch mint, leaves picked & washed
1 lemon, juiced
100g toasted cashews
50ml olive oil
50g icing sugar
10g ground turmeric
20g ground cumin
5g ground chilli
20g ground coriander
15g garlic powder
15g onion powder
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius
2. Roughly chop washed herbs and rocket, set aside
3. Break cauliflower down into small florets. In a bowl combine the cauliflower and olive oil, mix well to coat evenly then pop the cauliflower onto a baking tray. Spread out into a single layer to ensure it colours evenly and bake for approximately 10 minutes or until it’s golden brown and cooked through.
4. While cauliflower is cooking, combine icing sugar, turmeric, salt, cumin, chilli, coriander, garlic and onion in a bowl and mix well to ensure it’s evenly combined and lump free.
5. When cauliflower is cooked, transfer to a mixing bowl and add spice, cashews, herbs, rocket and lemon juice. Mix well to make sure the spice has evenly coated all of the cauliflower.
6. Now it’s time to serve and enjoy!
At NOMAD, we serve this dish with house made jersey milk labne which works as a really nice balance for the spice. Otherwise, good quality Greek yoghurt will work well if you can’t get your hands on labne.
Don’t forget to tag @nomad.au and #nomadathome so we can see all your masterpieces.